Functions of bones, and elongation of bones in the human body.
What is ossification?
What are the functions of bones?
How do bones elongate?
...nd form for our bodies
- supports the body
- protects the body and the bodies organs (Vital organs are protected by the skeletal system. The brain is protected by the surrounding skull as the heart and lungs are encased by the sternum and rib cage)
- allows bodily movement (from the intersection of the bones with muscles)
- produces blood for the body (Blood cells are produced by the bone marrow located in some bones)
- stores minerals (such as calcium and phosphorus)
3) How do bones elongate?
- bones elongate from the process of ...