Nonrational Escalation of Commitment Decisions
You and your co-workers had an in-depth discussion about nonrational escalation of commitment. Use your best communication techniques to discuss the following questions:
1. Identify the possible original decisions, the person(s) who could make it, and the person(s) who may escalate the commitment to that decision.
2. Describe the circumstances that led to the commitment being escalated.
3. Where do you think the nonrational escalation of commitment may occur?
4. Explain why the escalation is nonrational.
5. Discuss the impact of this escalation of commitment.
6. Document any assumptions you made, and use the APA Guide, 5th edition for citation purposes.