White Collar Crime Case Study
1. What aspects of the schemes described in this case were:
a. Unethical? b. Illegal? c. Fraudulent?
2. When would a healthy skepticism by senior management, or professional skepticism by an accounting or legal professional have been useful in combating the opportunities faced by Walt?
3. Was the Hilby caper a victimless crime, and therefore okay?
4. What ethical issues should have occurred to Walt and MCI in regard to the schemes described?
5. What governance measures might have protected MCI if they had been in place and enforced?
6. What is the role of internal auditors in regard to such schemes?
400 words total (not including questions)© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/business/business-philosophy-and-ethics/white-collar-crime-case-study-j7d4