Identify the problems identified in the case. Evaluate the options of possible solutions presented by the authors
1. Identify the problems identified in the case. Evaluate the options of possible solutions presented by the authors.
2. Given the fact that Texaco operated in partnership with the Ecuadorean government, is Texaco's activity in the Amazon morally justifiable? Explain.
3. Does Texaco (now ChevronTexaco) have a moral obligation to provide additional funds and technical expertise to clean up areas of the Amazon it is responsible for polluting? Does it have a moral obligation to provide medical care for the residents of the Amazon region who are suffering from the effects of the pollution? Explain?
4. Does the fact that the military plays a dominant role in Ecuadorean political life undermine Texaco's claim that its environmental practices are justified because the government of Ecuador permitted them? Explain.
5. Does the example of Texaco's conduct in Ecuador indicate a need for enforceable regulations governing transnational corporate activity? Explain.
6. What was the author's recommend solution? Do you agree or disagree with their recommendation? Why or why not?© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com July 5, 2020, 12:27 am 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/business/finance/identify-the-problems-identified-in-the-case-evaluate-the-options-of-possible-solutions-presented-by-the-authors-f4l0