Project Management Questions
1. A project manager:
a. may need to make tradeoffs between knowledge areas, such as risk and human resources
b. should assess the business need for project during every stage of the project life cycle
c. must monitor and measure progress against plans and take corrective action if necessary
d. must be able to make effective use of technology as it relates to the specific project.
e. Both A ad C
f. All the above
2. Determining the level of end-user resistance to a proposed system change is most closely related to the _____________ sphere of systems management.
3. Work authorization system is a method for ensuring that qualified people do the work at the right time and in the proper sequence.
4. Detailed cost estimates and performance reports are aspects of project:
Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4
Cost $1,200,000 $400,000 $400,000 $300,000
Benefits $0 $800,000 $1,000,000 $1,000,000
A. The payback for the project occurs in year:
B. The net present value (NPV) of the project is (assume a discount rate of 10%, round up)
C. The project return investment is:
6. A project is 50% complete and its CPI is 100. We can conclude that:
a. BAC = EAC
b. SV = 0
c. CV = 0
d. SPI = 100
e. Both a and c
7. Which of the following is not a true statement about control charts?
a. Control charts can be used to establish and maintain process control.
b. Control charts are used to determine acceptance limits when no limits are stipulated by the product specifications; otherwise, limits should be dictated by the specifications.
c. Al data points outside the control chart limits are variations explained by assignable causes.
d. Both b and c
8. Formal acceptance by the client and sponsor that they have accepted the product of the project should be prepared and distributed:
a. as part of administrative closure
b. following the plan as outlined in quality management
c. as requested by upper management
d. as part of contract close-out
9. Project human resource management is divided into:
a. organization planning, staff acquisition, and performance appraisal
b. leadership, team building, and negotiation
c. team building, communications, and labor relations
d. organizational planning, staff acquisition, team development
10. A project life cycle:
a. is used interchangeably with product life cycle
b. should include management review at the end of each stage in the cycle
c. concentrates project management activities in the concept phase
d. consists of the business phase, organization phase, and technology phase.