1. Describe one reason why the private market for flu vaccinations would produce an inefficient outcome?
2. Describe one way that government involvement could achieve an efficient quantity of vaccinations.
3. Provide one example for each of the following.
a. Private good
b. Public good
Describe the main aspects of the regulatory environment which will protect the public from fraud within corporations. Pay particular attention to SOX requirements.
- Specifically evaluate whether SOX will be effective in avoiding future frauds.
- Format consistent with APA guidelines
Are the OECD principles of corporate governance of any relevance for the member states of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC)? What role can Hawkamah "governance" play in promoting better corporate governance in the MENA region?
According to Salvatore (2012, p. 14) "The theory of the firm, which postulates that the goal or objective of the firm is to maximize wealth or the value of the firm, has been criticized as being much too narrow and unrealistic." Comment on this criticism and evaluate the alternatives. Do these alter...
Select either the European Union (EU) or the North American Free Trade Arrangement (NAFTA), and answer the following questions based on your selection:
What is the purpose of a regional trading arrangement (RTA)?
Why would each country/region agree to one?
How has each of the countries in the E...
When several people died because of poisoned capsules of Tylenol pain reliever, strict government regulations were enacted to control the packaging of retail pharmaceuticals. Would private markets have reached the same result?
In your role as the new human resources (HR) manager, you plan to prepare a series of videos with various scenarios. These scenarios will allow the employees to view real-life sexual harassment issues that they may have to deal with.
You are asking one of your male managers and one of your fema...
1. Between 1968 and 1980, the US economy experienced a slowdown in productivity growth. However, since the mid 1980s, the economy has experienced increases in the growth rate in productivity. Can you give reasons why US productivity growth started to increase during the late 1980s and continued thro...
Consider how free speech supports the right to circulate goods, services, and images in the marketplace. In addition, consider how free speech in advertising has raised concerns about advertising manipulation, especially with regard to children, teens, and health.
Discuss in 250 to 300 words thre...
1. (9-4) According to a statistical study, the following relationship exists between an electric light and the power plant's fuel costs (C) and its eight-hour output as a percent of capacity (Q):
C = 16.68 + 0.125Q + 0.00439Q2
a) When Q increases from 50 to 51, what is the increase in the cost o...
Consider the various provisions in RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, 1976) that discourage land-based waste disposal. Identify and explain one aspect of the law that is command and control in approach and one that is incentive based.
Where calculations are needed, please show step-by-step calculations used to arrive at your answer (s)
A monopolist has demand and cost curves given by:
QD = 10,000 - 20P
TC = 1,000 + 10Q + .05Q2
a. Find the monopolist's profit-maximizing quantity and price.
b. Find the monopolist's p...