Arbitrage Opportunity that Exists Investing
5) If the expected returns for the risk-free asset and a risky asset are 4% and 17% respectively, what percentages of your money must be invested in the risky asset and the risk-free asset, respectively, to form a portfolio with an expected return of 0.11?
6) Discuss how the CAPM might be used in capital budgeting decisions and utility rate decisions.
7) Stocks A and B have the following characteristics:
Stock Expected Return Standard Deviation
A 10% 5%
B 15% 10%
Correlation = -1
Suppose that it is possible to borrow at the risk-free rate. What must be the value of the risk-free rate? (Hint: Think about constructing a risk-free portfolio from Stocks A and B and make use of the fact that the correlation is -1)
8) The index model for stock B has been estimated with the following result:
RB = 0.01 + 1.1RM + eB
If σM = 0.2 and R2B = 0.5 what is the standard deviation of the return on stock B?
9) Security A has a beta of 1.0 and an expected return of 12%. Security B has a beta of 0.75 and an expected return of 11%. The risk-free rate is 6%. Explain the arbitrage opportunity that exists; explain how an investor can take advantage of it. Give specific details about how to form the portfolio, what to buy and what to sell.© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/economics/managerial-economics/arbitrage-opportunity-that-exists-investing-3clo