Intro to Maintainability DSP 3
Indicate if the statement is true or false. If a statement is false, indicate the correct answer.
1. In vibration analysis, we often assume that an accelerometer signal is stationary. A
stationary signal has the property that the statistical properties of the signal do not change with time.
2. The error due to under-sampling a continuous signal can be avoided by simply
amplifying the signal.
3. The discrete Fourier transform (DFT) of a signal is periodic with period being a
function of signal sampling frequency.
4. Proximity or displacement sensors are commonly used to measure the movement of the shaft in a ball bearing.
5. Magnetic mounting is the best approach for mounting accelerometers on to bearing© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com September 24, 2020, 5:13 pm 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/engineering/mechanical-engineering/intro-to-maintainability-dsp-3-j6tl