Analyzing Jack London's To Build a Fire
1. How would you describe the main character (his attitude, his motivations)?
2. What mistakes contribute to his death? Which was more important?
3. What does the story say about free will? Does the man have it, or is he guided by destiny or other forces? What would his opinion be?
4. What does London say about "man's place in the universe"? How does this establish the theme?
5. London moves back and forth from the man's to the dog's consciousness, why so? What is the effect?
6. Explain who is the protagonist and antagonist of this story? Why so? Now argue them the opposite way, or How can the man be considered the antagonist in this story?
7. What is the theme of this story?© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com September 28, 2020, 4:30 pm 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/english-language-and-literature/language/analyzing-jack-londons-to-build-a-fire-jhg3