Guidelines for understanding poetry
What are the steps I can follow to read a poem for better understanding?© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/english-language-and-literature/literature-arts/guidelines-for-understanding-poetry-2b2
...t adds to it.
1. Do you hear the rhymes and/or other poetic devices?
2. Do you notice the repetition of identical consonant and/or vowel sounds?
3. Do you notice identical words or phrases?
3) Use a dictionary.
a) After completing steps one and two, reread the piece, and look up any words you do not know.
1. Are any words used in a strange or unusual way?
2. Are there alternate meanings to words you DO know that may create a different meaning in the ...