1.) Explain the meanings and uses of incidence, prevalence, morbidity, and mortality in modern epidemiology.
2.) What are "secular trends" and "cohort effects" in epidemiology? What is the essential difference between the two?
3.) Explain the term "population at risk" and provide at least two rele...
Describe the role of public health in the monitoring of disease.
Explain the need to standardize data sets in measuring population health.
Analyze how population health is measured and aggregated nationally.
I need some help on this assignment
Review Table 15.1 on page 322 of Novick and Morrow (Healthy People 2010 Targets).
Go to Healthy People 2020 and examine the data and targets for 2010 to 2020.
By Day 7, submit a 2- to 3-page analysis (not including title page, referen...
Active Duty and National Guard units have been used in the past during natural disaster response operations domestically and internationally. Discuss the capabilities and limitations of 1) Active Duty and 2) National Guard being used to support disaster relief efforts.
Natural disasters can have serious public health consequences in the days and weeks following a disaster. Choose a recent major natural disaster such as Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast of the United States, the tsunami disaster in Japan, or recent earthquakes in the world. Based on what you've lea...
1. Is diabetes tied to either infectious, chronic, gynecological or STI, environmental, cultural or geographic factors? Please explain
2. Provide the specific descriptive epidemiological aspects of diabetes as it relates to the state of New Jersey. Please explain
1. Identify a legislator for your state (Texas) to whom you can address the community/public health problem/concern you have identified.
2. Write a concise letter about the problem/concern inclusive of the following tips:
• Formal letter, with appropriate address for elected officials
Analyze 3 different bioterrorism preparedness procedures: one from a government agency, one business plan from the list below, and the one from your facility.
1. What are the positive and negative aspects of these procedures?
2. Does the procedure from your facility contain all of the elements ...
A logic model is a planning tool to support a project, educational need, clinical service, etc. Prior to beginning your Community Health Education Project, you need to develop a Logic Model...
This assignment requires that you develop AND implement a teaching plan. For this lesson, you will submit your plan in accordance with your Logic Model. In the next lesson, you will submit the evaluations and outcomes, based on your implementation of the plan.
Identify a health education topic for...
Create an infection control policy and procedure for staff and/or life support equipment in the midst of an infectious disease crisis. Include:
- Isolation requirements for the specific organism,
- Sterilization requirements for the equipment,
- Staffing requirements (ex: one-to-one RT: patien...
Optimizing Health in the Community
A local community health center has identified many uninsured patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of various degrees of severity. Although the community has a hospital based pulmonary rehabilitation program, many insured patients are not eligible...
Identify either a geopolitical or a phenomenological community with clearly defined boundaries or inclusion criteria for a Windshield Survey. Document this defined community and complete a Windshield Survey including the following areas/assets of assessment:
- Boundaries or Inclusion Criteria
List the differences and similarities between the hospital health care system and the public health system. Your responses should be full sentences, not just words or phrases, written in the chart below. Simply complete this chart.
For example, you know that in health care w...
In order to inform both the public and health care workers about a current infectious disease outbreak, the use of service announcements makes it easy to reach several people at once. The language used really depends on the audience the announcement is targeting.
You will be targeting two popula...
Write a 750-word paper about a drug resistant organism:
- Provide the name of the organism, and explain whether it is site-specific (e.g. swine flu is only in the lungs, where MRSA can be in a wound or in the lungs.)
- Explain why this organism is dangerous,
- Describe the precautions that need ...
Research one of the diseases covered in this lesson and write a paper (750 words) in APA format comparing that disease 50-75 years ago to today.
Tuberculosis, MDR-TB, XDR-TB,
Discuss the following:
1. Treatment options: what was available 50-75 years ago and what's ava...
1. Utilizing road traffic injuries as the injury related public health issue, provide a bried description of what road traffic inuries consist of and identify the incidence rates for 2 countries in which traffic injuries are highly prevalent and a description of populations at risk for it.
- Provide a brief description of the two health indicators you selected, citing specific sources.
- Explain how the U.S. ranks on these indicators compared to other nations.
- Explain two factors that might influence those rankings and the relative standing of the U.S. compared to the other nati...
A brief explanation of how broader population-focused determinants, which influence health inequalities and inequities, challenge the traditional approach for assessing population health. Then, explain your personal reaction to the concept of considering population determinants to measure population...
- Explain one benefit and one limitation for using software-assisted qualitative data analysis in the preparation of a community health assessment report and justify your response.
- Finally, describe one method for data analysis for which you would not use software and explain why.