Using the eight rules of inference (Simplication, Conjunction, Addition, Constructive Dilemma, Modus Ponens, Modus Tollens, Disjunctive Syllogism and Hypothetical Syllogism), construct a proof for each of the following valid arguments.
1. (C & ~E) > (E v T) ------- Premise
2. C ...
using the four rules of inference presented (mp,mt,ds and hs), construct a proof for the following valid argument in the answer box below.
Please help me! I am in dire need of some assistance for the following:
Archimedes and Tub History
One of the most famous events in the study of geometry involved Archimedes and a bath tub. I need help researching this history:
1. I need at least 2-3 different sources of ...
I need assistance in the following:
Tyrell owns a start-up company that is not yet turning a profit. As such, he is spending some of his savings every month to keep the business going.
Tyrell's personal budget consists primarily of three overlapping monthly budget categories...
Please assist with the attached 5 problems. I've answered 1 and 3 but are not certain if they are correct. If they are not correct can you please show how to solve these problems.
1. Construct a truth table for the Boolean equation:
M = A'B C' + A'B C + A B'C + A B C
A B C M
0 0 0 ...
. (a) Define the slack and surplus variables. What do they represent? What is (are) the difference(s) between a slack and a surplus variable?
(b) Briefly describe the important parts of each step needed to make a decision using decision sciences models.
(c) What are the different types of spec...
Let L be the language of addition (with equality) in first-order logic. That is, let L be the first-order language that allows for use of the equality symbol ("=") and whose only non-logical symbol is a binary function symbol "+". (That is, L has no constant symbols and no predicate (relation) symbo...
A taxi driver plans to pick you up at the airport and drop you off at the bank so you can complete some financial transaction before you head home. He notes that the change in vehicle operating cost (VOC) is 42 cents per mile. Given that his fuel consumption per minute is 0.2, what is the approximat...
I am learning about Logic in an intermediate math class. I need some help with an if then statement.
So my sentence is...
If the Bible is the Word of God personally delivered by God to all of humanity, then...(fill in the blank)
We have been learning, The if...then statement is a common for...
1.a. Carry out the following calculations in accordance with the rules of arithmetic, and also, by entering the calculations exactly in the order as written, using a calculator.
i. 27/3 x 7 + 18
ii. 8 + 20/4 -4 x 3
iii. 5 x 5 x 9 / 15 + 44 / 4
iv. 10 + / 3
Please see attachment attachment fo...
Describe the error in the conclusion:
There is a linear correlation between the number of cigarettes smoked and the pulse rate. As the number of cigarettes increases the pulse rate increases. Conclusion: Cigarettes cause the pulse rate to increase.
I would like to have the solution to the following sample problems in EXCEL format so that I can see the formulas used. Thanks
1.A zero-coupon bond is a security that pays no interest, and is therefore bought at a substantial discount from its face value. If stated interest rates are 5% annually ...
1. Each row in the following table contains values for the integers a and b. In this table, the value of r is the remainder (from the Division Algorithm) when a is divided by b. Complete each row in this table by determining gcd(a, b), r, and gcd(b, r).
a b gcd(a, b) Remainder r gcd(b, r)
44 12 ...
I saw a board on a math website that said to solve this if you are genius:
I see there are several ways to approach this and I have come up with 9 (my best guess), 6, and 14. What answer is most correct and why? Please provide a detailed explanation.
4. A corporation has a year end 2008 retained earnings balance of $220,000. The firm reported net profits after taxes of $50,000 in 2009 and paid dividends in 2009 of $30,000. The firm's retained earnings balance at year end 2009 is ______.
Table 1 shows a set of torque-speed measurements for a d.c. electric motor intended for use in an electric wheelchair. Data of this type is used by manufacturers to help specify motor performance.
Park Pobedy station in the Moscow Metro contains one of the longest escalators in Europe. Each one is 120 m in length and has 740 steps, of which 350 are available (i.e. not on their way back inside the mechanism) and on the inclined section at any given moment. The height difference between the bot...
1) How can you solve for an equation of a line given the following.
A. One point and the slope
B. Two points
2) When graphing a linear inequality. How do you know if the inequality represents the area above or below the line? How do you know if it also represents the points on the l...
Give a critical evaluation of each of the following passages
9. If voluntary school prayer for our children is going to make them more moral, then just think what mandatory church attendance on Sunday could do for the rest of us." (Roderick M. Boyes)
10. If the aquifer is developed by the land...
Sharky, a leader of the underworld, was killed by one of his own band of four henchmen. Detective Sharp interviewed the men and determined that all were lying except one. He deduced who killed Sharky on the basis of the following statements:
a. Socko: Lefty killed Sharky.
b. Fats: Muscles didn't...