Hypothesis testing :True or false questions
Instructions: Please indicate either TRUE or FALSE for the questions. If you indicate FALSE as your answer, briefly explain why the statement is false.
1. In order to compare the characteristics of two different populations, a sample should be extracted from each population.
2. When two populations are compared and samples taken from each, the data derived from the second sample should be dependent on the data from the first sample.
3. Whenever two population means are being compared, an acceptable null hypothesis is that the two population means equal each other.
4. Whenever two population means equal each other, the difference between them must be zero.
5. Irrespective of whether a two-tail or one-tail test is being conducted in order to compare two population means, the larger the differences in the sample means, the more likely that the null hypothesis will be rejected.© SolutionLibrary Inc. solutionlibary.com 9836dcf9d7 https://solutionlibrary.com/statistics/hypothesis-testing/hypothesis-testing-true-or-false-questions-7ft0