Discussion: Correlation and Bivariate Regression
This Solution works with a real, secondary dataset to construct a research question, perform a correlation and bivariate regression model, and interpret the results.
Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
• Construct a research question using the General Social Survey dataset, which can be answered by a Pearson correlation and bivariate regression.
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
1. What is your research question?
2. What is the null hypothesis for your question?
3. What research design would align with this question?
4. What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
5. What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
6. If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
7. Explain your results for a lay audience; explain the answer to your research question.